Thursday, October 2, 2008

What type of Friend are you ?


I am a member of Digg, and within that membership, I have 98 friends. I thought this was a nice number until I started to submit some things to the site. Now don’t take me wrong, I don’t flood the site with crap; I don’t post 10/15 per day. I just submit one possibly two a week, things that I find interesting and which I think others might as well. So where is the problem?



The problem lies in the fact that I spend my time on digg shouting and digging my ‘ friends’ submissions and shouts they send me, I look at things that interest me on the popular and upcoming sections, I basically do what I was under the impression one does when on a social site, yet when I submit and shout things, out of the 98 friends only 46 receive my shouts as the others have requested not to receive shouts. This is fair enough, but for some reason it doesn’t stop them sending me 5/10 shouts a day asking for Diggs and shares on their submission. It seems a bit one sided to me to be honest.



So what are you meant to do? Can someone explain the rules to me? Do I ignore the shouts and requests as mine are ignored? Do I add more friends hoping that if I have 200 then possibly 100 might digg my submissions? And why do you want to add friends if you have no intention of actually being a friend and helping a submission but sharing and digging. I am not saying Digg blindly but I am asking for a bit of consideration to those on your friend list. If you have no intention of actually being a friend, then remove yourself from their list; it saves everyone time and some considerable effort,,, oohh but wait if you did that then none of your submissions and requests would be answered would they.



Which category do you fit into? Are you a friend or are you a user? Is your profile switched off to receiving shouts? Only you will be able to answer that but look at how many times you have dugg a friends submissions and answered their shouts, that will give you a good indication, me... well I am a friend .

Share and Enjoy!
Digg Stumble This Del.icio.us Mixx Furl Propeller Simpy Live Twitthis Add To Slashdot Spurl Google Yahoo Reddit Technorati Blinklist Blogmarks Smarkings Ma.gnolia SphereIt Sphinn Feedmelinks

1 comments:

HawgWyld October 3, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

Generally, I tend to at least take a look at whatever is shouted my way. Sometimes I'll Digg is, sometimes I won't.

Lately, I've been slacking due to illness, but I see your point. It's amazing to me how many people love to send out those shouts but virtually ignore mine.

And what the hell is the deal with shouting the same article 2, 3 or 4 times? Once is enough, yeah?

Visit the Natural State Hawg!

  © Blogger template 'Mantis' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP